Wool is a natural fibre, so it requires a little special care - but not too much. You shouldn't need to launder your wool items very often, as the wool fibre will naturally kill off odour causing bacteria. But from time to time a little washing and care will be needed.
A few pointers
- Put your garment in the sink in cold water and give it a swish around with some gentle detergent.
- If it's a larger item, you could give it a cold shower.
- Not sure about your detergent? Dish soap, body gel or hair shampoo will work (if it's good for your skin or hair, it will be fine for wool).
- A little hair conditioner will keep your wool soft.
- Carefully wring out and lay flat to dry. (Hanging may distort the item)